Click here for PC Patch Notes
Two Colonels Hotfix - 22/10/2019
We are pleased to announce that a new hotfix has been deployed for Metro Exodus - Check out the patch notes below:
Xbox One (World Wide) - 188.8.131.52 (verify in-game from Main Menu Options or Pause menu)
PlayStation 4 - 1.07 (verify in-game from Main Menu Options or Pause menu)
- Fixed issue with missing suit upgrades. For existing game saves, upgrades will be restored after loading your save with the hotfix installed.
- Fixed issue with progress calculation for some Achievements where the counter could reset after switching save slots.
- Fixed infinite black screen after pressing Quick save after a profile change on suspend.
- Fixed bug when loading a game with a lack of free space.
- Fixed crash when loading a save file if one of the slots was detected as corrupted.
If you have any further technical issues, please visit https://techsupport.metrothegame.com
Two Colonels Patch - 19/08/2019
Along with the reveal of the first Expansion for Metro Exodus “The Two Colonels”, we are happy to announce that a new update has been deployed across all platforms. We have added further accessibility options such as SFX subtitles, the option to turn off ringing sounds for tinnitus sufferers as well as extra save slots among other improvements which are detailed in the notes below.
Please remember that you may need to restart your chapter for changes to take effect.
All Platform Updates:
- Added a multiple save slot system.
- Added SFX subtitles for hearing impaired players.
- Added option to disable explosion ringing sounds for players with tinnitus.
- Added new death hints (appear in loading screen when the player has died).
- Improved stability, fixed crashes reported by community and platform vendors.
- Improved animations and behaviour of Blind One.
- Improved animations and behaviour of worms.
- Improved visuals for various in-game objects.
- Fixed bug where in New Game+ radiation mode worked even if player didn't choose modifier.
- Fixed bug when Player can be instantly killed when entering oasis from caves.
- Fixed random title crash during shootout between Hanza soldiers in turntable control room.
- Fixed random crash when playing Volga level in New Game+ mode.
- Fixed bug with random disappearing of small objects on the screen.
- Fixed issues with recognizing of Xbox Adaptive Controller.
- Fixed random crash after riding on minivan in Caspian desert.
- Fixed black snow on player mask in Dead Moscow.
- Fixed crashes occurring when exiting to main menu after loading save made in un-patched version.
- Fixed crash after attempting to load the save data created in the base version if the text and voice language has been changed to Ukrainian.
- Fixed bug where workbenches cannot be used after shooting at them.
- Fixed bug when melee attack with spiders can push player through walls and geometry.
- Fixed bug with game failing to launch if raytracing is set to 2 on the first launch.
- Fixed game crash if player exits to main menu, while being on weapon customization in workbench.
- Fixed random crash on the way to the mission in Oasis fort.
- Fixed random crash after last shootout in Oil Kingdom.
- Fixed bug where the player does not get a weapon with a silencer modification after starting New Game+.
- Fixed bug where player falls out of the Volga level in the bunker.
- Fixed some invisible NPCs in Bandit villages.
- Fixed autosaving in situations when Player is dying.
- Fixed tuning of the gamma option.
- Fixed bug when title enters infinite unresponsive state if launched with both preferences and playline data corrupted.
- Fixed random crash while driving car in Dead City.
- Fixed bug where players could fall out of the world if the player falls into water before completing Church quest in Volga.
- Fixed graphic artifacts on top of the tower at the airbase in the Caspian desert when motion scanner is attached.
- Fixed bug where the game without patch enters unresponsive state after attempt to load a save file made in updated version.
- Fixed camera bug when camera becomes tilted for a short time after hitting a raven on the boat.
- Fixed player clipping through non playable cars while exiting the playable car when it becomes stuck.
- Fixed bug when camera is attached improperly in a car when on a slope or object from the driver's seat side.
- Fixed bug where Shrimp can attack the player with projectiles through the rest place wall.
- Fixed bug with missing geometry after returning to the cave under the lighthouse in the Caspian desert.
- Fixed bug where player can fall out of the world in Dead City if they go off path upon leaving the Depot.
- Fixed bug where Anna could get stuck in combat with watchman near bus in Dead Moscow.
- Fixed progression blocker in the Volga when choosing a specific route to the Church that blocks user from further progression.
- Fixed bug when player is unable to use the backpack on the bridge if it was opened before the barge departure on Volga level.
- Fixed bug where Damir pushes the player through closed doors on Caspian desert.
- Fixed Anomaly appearing in the morning near the praying Fanatics.
- Fixed bug with car flying up high because of a collision with the boat.
- Fixed elevator collision in bunker on Caspian desert.
- Fixed bug with weapon being on the screen when using workbench for crafting
- Fixed bug where the scene with a bandit and a girl didn't start in Oil Kingdom in Caspian desert.
- Fixed bug when a bandit could lock player in the room without possibility to exit.
- Fixed bug where Anna keeps talking during the fight sequence in the port and continues to walk around normally even after killing the sniper in the Caspian desert.
- Fixed bug where a large part of the Terminal location can be skipped by climbing up to the Railcar right off the pier in Volga.
- Fixed bug where the Shrimp stick to the player and prevents them from moving, drawing weapons, opening inventory, or viewing items.
- Fixed bug where picking up and then dropping weapons gives you infinite materials.
- Fixed the possibility to kill praying people in the church on Volga.
- Fixed bug where a workbench in Caspian teleports the player to the train and they get stuck inside.
- Fixed bug where the player doesn't have access to weapons and attachments in New Game+.
- Fixed bug where subtitles get stuck on the screen.
- Fixed bug where the player can get stuck when going downstairs, skipping the Krest section in the Port in the Volga.
- Fixed elevator collision allowing player to fall out of the world in the mall section in Dead Moscow.
- Fixed rare case where autosaving stops working in Volga.
- Fixed visual artifact in the sky in Caspian desert.
- Fixed bug with boat flying away after being attacked by Shrimp.
- Fixed ceiling collision in the third car of Hansa's train in the Chase sequence, which can result in player getting on top of the train.
- Fixed random crash in the Volga during combat in the Port.
- Fixed texture blinking in Volga in the Bandit tower.
- Fixed bug where parts of the geometry for ruins in the Volga were disappearing.
- Fixed bug where player crawls through rusty ship and then continues crawling in the air.
- Fixed incorrect behaviour of last standing NPC on slave ship in Caspian desert.
- Fixed collision bug where player can clip through the roof of lighthouse and get on top of it.
- Fixed random crash when burning Arachnids with Molotov projectiles in the bunker in the Caspian desert.
- Fixed random bug where briefing scene doesn't start after finishing combat.
- Fixed various text spelling issues.
- Fixed texture blinking in the Taiga at the sawmill in the Admiral’s room.
- Fixed bug when the Railgun is clean but the sight is still dirty.
- Fixed orange texture on gun near a corpse in the Dead City level next to burnt station.
- Fixed bug where in the Caspian desert, the player gets teleported back to the ruins outpost and cannot move after looting a body on a spike trap in the gas caves.
- Fixed bug where player is teleported to the car if they leave the car in the same moment as hitting someone.
Console Specific Updates:
- Fixed black screen after deleting corrupted data on PS4.
- Fixed game crash when trying to load a save through the load menu if there is no signed in user on Xbox One.
- Fixed various issues in multiple trophies titles and descriptions for PS4.
Ranger Update - 26/03/2019
We’re very happy to announce the release of the ‘Ranger Update’ - our first major patch for Metro Exodus, for all platforms. This is a significant update that adds a host of new features, makes improvements across the board and addresses numerous bugs and issues.
We’d like to thank our players for your help in identifying these issues. Our goal has always been to ship the most polished product we can at launch, but we humbly acknowledge that some things can slip through even the most thorough QA. Thank you again for your patience and support.
The ‘Ranger Update’ is approximately 6 GB in size and is available to download now. Full patch notes are below, but here are the headlines:
New Game +
On completion of the campaign, you can now re-play in New Game+ mode, granting access to all weapons and attachments unlocked through prior play-throughs.
New Game + also allows to you to adjust a range of variables to create your own personal and uniquely challenging experience, and comes with new Achievements / Trophies. More details below…
Available through New Game +, enabling Developer Commentary allows you to find special tape players on which members of the 4A Games team discuss some of the design choices that went into making Metro Exodus in that area.
Improved Controller Responsiveness
While the Hotfix changes were already well received, we’ve added a 4th Controller Sensitivity Preset with more tweaks to sensitivity, improved aim assist, and better ‘dead zone’ per platform.
Platform Specific Improvements and New Features
We’ve added Mouse and Keyboard support for Xbox One, further improved RTX and DLSS support on PC, Dual Shock Controller Light support for PS4 and many more.
General Performance, Balance and Gameplay optimisations
A raft of improvements across the board that improve the overall gameplay experience based on bugs reported, desired polish, and direct feedback/feature requests from the community, including things like a Volume Slider specifically for VO, and more.
Crash / Bug fixes and improvements
We’ve fixed numerous crashes - some from your descriptions, and some from the crash dumps you have submitted to us. We’ve only listed a few below, but you should expect a big improvement to stability in this update. Thank you for continuing to help us out!
Full Ukrainian localisation added
We’re proud to offer Metro Exodus fully localised for Ukraine, the country where 4A Games was born.
Read on for more information on each topic, and please note:
Level specific content fixes or changes can only be fully applied to a level when it is started from the beginning either through natural progression, or the chapters menu. If you try to load an existing save within a level, the updates for that level will not be applied to that existing save. Updates will apply to all subsequent levels progressed to with that save.
Please click here for more information on the new features in Metro Exodus
Ranger Patch Notes:
- Xbox One (World Wide) - 184.108.40.206 (verify in-game from Main Menu Options or Pause menu)
- Xbox One (Japan) - 220.127.116.11 (verify in-game from Main Menu Options or Pause menu)
- PlayStation 4 - 1.04 (verify in-game from Main Menu Options or Pause menu)
Improved Controller Responsiveness
We’ve added a 4th Controller Sensitivity Preset – if you are mid-game you will need to manually select this from Options > Controller > Sensitivity to see if you prefer this adjustment.
This 4th preset has a new algorithm which treats its sub-settings different from other presets, in order to further address certain responsiveness complaints. It also contains improved aim assist and controller dead zones per platform.
Platform Specific Improvements and New Features
- Added possibility to change Motion Blur intensity in Video Options - High, Med, Low
- Added additional options to fully disable HUD in Ranger Hardcore
- Fixed performance issues when driving the Car in Caspian
- Fixed performance issues when Yermak instructs Artyom to cross the Courtyard in Moscow
Xbox One Specific
- Added Keyboard and Mouse support for Xbox
- Added Video Option to switch Color Space to fix dark Gamma issues on Xbox
- Fixed subtitles from the Intro sequence staying on the Main Menu after an Xbox profile change
- Added DualShock Controller Light support for PS4
- Added the option to select Brazilian Portuguese subtitles for SIEE regions
General Performance, Balance and Gameplay optimisations
- General Performance improvements
- General Karma system improvements
- General Localization fixes and improvements
- Added Automatic attachment (Highest Rank Magazine) for the Valve in Caspian and Taiga
- Added additional limitations for Photo-mode in some cut scenes to prevent issues
- Added additional Volume Slider specific to Voice Over Dialog in the Options Menu
- Changed Cost for cleaning weapons in Reader difficulty to free
- Disabled Melee Kill/Stun during combat in Hardcore difficulties
Crash / Bug fixes and improvements
- General Stability improvements
- Numerous crash dumps have been fixed on all platforms. Only listing a few here, thanks for helping!
- Fixed possible crash when infiltrating the Base in Caspian, leading to corrupted save file
- Fixed random crash upon loading a checkpoint after meeting certain conditions
- Fixed random game crashing in the middle of free roaming the map near the end Caspian
- Fixed random crash when picking up shotgun ammo in sunken village on Volga
- Fixed random disappearing Ammo/Loot after loading checkpoint
- Fixed Auto/Quick Save initiating a write at inappropriate times, creating a blocker
- Fixed Auto/Quick Save feature availability at certain spots in Volga
- Fixed Auto/Quick Save issues after sequence with Lightning at night in Volga
- Fixed Auto/Quick Save issues if the Player falls to death at the end of Volga
- Fixed Auto/Quick Save issues with Artyom's outfit in Volga after loading Winter save
- Fixed Input Lock if game is saved during a Melee Kill/Stun
- Fixed Input Lock if Player uses empty canister near the generator at the power puzzle in Volga
- Fixed Input Lock if Player opens the Backpack next to certain doors on Caspian
- Fixed Input Lock if Player exits the Trolley when it attaches to something in Volga
- Fixed Input Lock when swapping Helsing with Tikhar
- Fixed Input Lock when Player tries to pick up an item shot with an Explosive Bolt at the same time
- Fixed Input Lock when Player enters the Pause Menu right after QTE with a Female Aqua
- Fixed Input Lock when Player is pushed into the Workbench by NPCs
- Fixed Input Lock after loading last Checkpoint near the Train Depot in Volga
- Fixed Input Lock after frequent drowning in water
- Fixed Input Lock and Death Menu activation failure if Player dies right before throwing a Knife
- Fixed Conditional Blocker in Caspian where user is able to climb up the cliffs to the Lighthouse
- Fixed Conditional Blocker in Taiga where Player could get to Boss Arena without starting scene
- Fixed Conditional Blocker in Dead City after drowning near the Pier with the second Boat
- Fixed Conditional Blocker where Player might get stuck between Idiot and a door
- Fixed cases where the Player could get stuck on a Ladder
- Fixed cases where the Player could get stuck Crawling under walls
- Fixed cases where the Player could get stuck in the Church Dining Room in Volga
- Fixed cases where the Player could get stuck after leaving the Railcar near the Depot in Volga
- Fixed cases where the Player could get stuck in the Elevator in Volga
- Fixed cases where the Player can drive through NPCs and then get stuck in Caspian
- Fixed cases where Damir could get stuck in the Oasis in Caspian
- Fixed cases where Miller could get stuck in the Pit in Dead City
- Fixed bug with Color Contrast if you set HDR option in game to OFF under certain conditions
- Fixed bug with white screen after starting cutscene on Taiga
- Fixed bug with boundary collisions, so that Player can't leave playable area, in Volga and Dead City
- Fixed bug with terrain collision when exiting the Car
- Fixed bug with terrain collision when walking with Miller in the Collector
- Fixed bug with NPCs entering cover incorrectly
- Fixed bug with arrow at the start of Taiga
- Fixed bug with parts of the Backpack twitching through the camera on the Workbench in the Aurora
- Fixed bug when Player stands up in wrong direction after Demon drops Player
- Fixed bug when Player can walk under water after exiting the Car while falling
- Fixed bug when Player remained alive after dying in the water
- Fixed bug when Player got teleported to the Car if he left the Car while hitting someone
- Fixed bug when Krest appeared after the second Briefing in Volga with wrong VO and animations
- Fixed bug when Nastya and Yermak didn't allow Player to pass after a Briefing
- Fixed bug when Idiot was missing a line of Dialogue while coal stoking in Spring
- Fixed bug when NPCs don't ring the bell after the discovery of a corpse
- Fixed bug when NPCs were freezing and didn't shoot in combat
- Fixed bug when NPCs in Volga couldn't hit the Player
- Fixed bug when NPCs that are dead can stick to Player after QTE
- Fixed bug when Flashlight couldn't be used or charged after certain actions
- Fixed bug when Flashlight sometimes controls Car lights when you are not in Car
- Fixed bug when killing a Demon on the ground throws him into the air
- Fixed bug when Boat boarded by Aquas multiple times eventually becomes unresponsive
- Fixed bug when Bridge guardians couldn't kill Player.
- Fixed bug when Map markers remain on the screen when using Photo Mode with Map in hands
- Fixed bug when Sniper in Port doesn't shoot at Player at close range, in Caspian
- Fixed bug when reaching the Lighthouse from a specific direction breaks NPC detection, in Caspian
- Fixed bug where NPCs were still spawning after surrendering in the Port in Volga
- Fixed bug where NPCs are running in the air during combat
- Fixed bug where Player gets too much fire damage near Train Rotator in Moscow
- Fixed bug where Player could run through the room with hot steam without dying
- Fixed bug where Player could break final scene in Volga using a Molotov
- Fixed bug where Player could kill Watchmen at the same time as a QTE begins, creating issues
- Fixed bug where Player could not break a Lamp with Melee Attack or the Knife
- Fixed bug where Player couldn’t be killed by Shrimp during Catfish presentation
- Fixed bug where Player could jump off the Bridge not die
- Fixed bug where Weapons appear overheated in certain scenes
- Fixed bug where Weapon SFX can lag during combat
- Fixed bug where Game Difficulty remains set as previously selected one
- Fixed bug where textures loading in randomly during combat
- Fixed bug where part of an NPC group surrendered but another part is in combat
- Fixed UI text for Xbox Adaptive Controller
- Fixed UI bug when fully broken Gas Mask is shown partly fixed in Workbench
- Fixed SFX for small Spiders on Player hands
- Fixed SFX lag during spin stop for Gatling
- Fixed SFX for Stepan playing the Guitar in Spring
- Fixed SFX of the Melee Kill/Stun of prone NPCs
- Fixed Camera tilt when Player hit various objects with the Car
- Fixed Camera сlipping through Players body when entering Car from the right door
- Fixed NPCs running through walls near the Gas Station on Volga
- Fixed NPCs failing to react to the Player in Moscow during stealth
- Fixed NPCs playing wounded motions in the air
- Fixed Animation for Humanimal ambush scenes
- Fixed Animation of breaking Locks with a Revolver
- Fixed disappearing geometry in Moscow Depot
- Fixed disappearing geometry in some areas in Taiga
- Fixed disappearing geometry after returning to the Cave under the Lighthouse in Caspian
- Fixed dead NPCs tearing apart at Car Wash in Volga
- Fixed dead Spider’s reactions to light
- Fixed Shadows for Trees in certain situations
- Fixed Shadow flicker issues throughout
- Fixed Millers beard in the Hospital scene of Moscow
- Fixed Player Journal to display all Articles
- Fixed combat music in first Station section in Dead City
- Fixed Storm texture streaming at the beginning of Yamantau
- Fixed incorrect Weapon hold in first scene in Caspian
- Fixed visibility of Rail sections on terrain in Volga
- Fixed Object without a texture at the very beginning of the game
- Fixed Nastya's skirt in the start scene of Dead City
- Fixed VFX for snow covering Monsters
- Fixed random disappearing Bandit Car on Caspian
- Fixed Skipping of Intro Video after launching it from Chapters Menu.
- Fixed Helsing becoming invisible after picking up Railgun in Kirill's Vault
- Fixed detached NPC weapon in the final scene of the game
- Fixed broken Flashlight/NV if the Player opens the Map while driving Car
- Fixed case of visual issues and frozen NPCs in the Cave on the way to the Lighthouse on Caspian
- Fixed abrupt, incorrect Camera movement during cutscene in Dead City
- Fixed various floating Objects and Characters throughout
- Fixed Weapon aim (hold) interruption by Melee Attack
- Fixed incorrect Loading Screen when starting from the Chapters Menu
- Fixed random flying Map while using Backpack
- Fixed timing issue when checking the Radio
- Fixed various issues with the Car Steering Wheel becoming detached
- Fixed incorrect Prompt in Workbench Menu
- Improved Animations in scenes during Summer level
- Improved Miller's snow walking VFX
- Improved Lighting on Institute roof in Dead City
- Improved Lighting during night storms in Caspian
- Improved Spawning logic of Watchman groups
- Improved Boat animations
- Improved Player detection by NPCs in alert state
- Improved Player feedback for cleaning Weapons and repairing Gas Mask
- Improved Diary UI visual
- Improved Bandit reactions in Caspian
- Improved Demon behavior in Caspian
- Improved NPC animations in transition to alert state
- Improved abrupt changes of weather
Full Ukrainian localisation added
We’re proud to offer full VO and Subtitles for Ukraine, the country where 4A Games was born!
And that’s the lot! Thank you again or your ongoing support, the team at 4A Games will continue to work on future updates and we’ll be able to share our DLC plans for Expansion Pass holders in the near future!
- 4A Games
We are happy to confirm that a Hotfix for the consoles is now available which addresses stability, as well as some of the reported controller issues. A more substantial Patch will follow, but in the meantime here are the Notes for the Hotfix.
- Xbox - 18.104.22.168
- PS4 - 1.03
- General stability improvements
- General input responsiveness improvements
Added save backup system for PS4*
- Fixed various issues with general saving system
- Removed gamertag in photo mode
- Fixed other general issues
- PS4 “backup” is utilizing a platform feature. After you pass a level, the save is backed up as a “restore point”, so that you can always restart a level with your progress if the system detects a corrupted save file. After a reboot, the system will offer to restore from the latest “restore point”.
We wanted to provide a heads-up on our update / patch plan for the console versions of Metro Exodus. Thanks to your feedback, we have identified a range of issues that some players may have experienced, and many of these will be addressed in an upcoming 'Hotfix' and a more extensive Patch.
We expect the Hotfix to go live next week (commencing 4th March), with the Patch arriving shortly after. Exact dates are still subject to the console Certification process, and we will let you know as soon as we have these dates. (All updates to the console versions have to go through an additional round of testing by Microsoft / Sony which is why they sometimes arrive after PC updates).
We are aware that some players are reporting that the controls on console don't 'feel' right, and we are investigating these reports as a priority.
Metro Exodus is by a design not a 'twitch shooter' but gamepad controls should feel responsive, accurate and free from excessive lag / latency.
We are testing a range of tweaks and adding a new sensitivity preset that will be deployed in the Hotfix, and we will further refine these in the following patch.
In the meantime, we do advise that you check your TV settings, as any TV setting/mode that adds its own image smoothing, post processing, or other effects has the potential to negatively affect responsiveness of any game’s control feel. Some TV's may have a 'Game Mode' designed to reduce latency, but this can vary from model to model.