Metro Exodus launches tomorrow, Friday 15th February!
If you've purchased Metro Exodus digitally, your game will be fully up to date and ready to run.
If you've purchased a physical copy for Xbox One of PlayStation 4, we do recommend you take the time to download and install the small update. See below for a summary of what this changes.
Please note, most console reviews you might have read were conducted using this final updated code, but some reviewers may have started playing before our final update went live.
All PC reviews were based on 'near-final' code, but 4A Games have continued to work right up to launch, and made some further and significant tweaks since; we have listed these in the notes below.
All Platform Updates:
- Added more filters for Photo Mode
- General bug fixes
- General performance optimisations
- General balance improvements
- General polish improvements
- Improved VO and subtitles timing in all languages
Console Specific Updates:
- Further performance and memory optimisation
- Tuned motion blur effects
- Tuned horizontal rotation speed / acceleration on thumbsticks
Xbox Specific Updates :
- Added Dolby Atmos Support for Xbox One X
- Added custom Xbox Adaptive Controller support and improved UI layout
PC Specific Updates:
- Tuned HDR saturation
- RTX Improvements / Bug Fixing
- Added DLSS Support
- Additional HUD removal options (coming soon to console) when playing in Ranger Mode
- Added Motion Blur options (coming soon to console)
Additional PC Fixes Since Review Code Was Sent:
- Fixed Locking of player input after scene of rescuing Yermak
- Removed v-sync option from benchmark launcher
- Tuning and fixes for Atmos audio system
- Fixed memory corruption in DX12
- Fixed crash on launching game on old AMD CPUs
- Fixed crash after changing of resolution and Shading Rate to 4k/4x on Video cards with 2Gb and less
- Fixed blurred UI when DLSS is enabled
- Fixed visual artifacts for RTX high mode
- Fixed input lock in when patching gas mask during combat
- Fixed forcing to V-Sync on after alt-tabbing the game running at maximal available resolution for the monitor
- Fixed crash when pressing ALT + Tab during start videos
- Fixed forcing of V-SYNC mode if the game resolution is different than the desktop
- DLSS can be applied in the Benchmark
- Tuned DLSS sharpness to improve image quality
- Updated learned data for DLSS to improve image quality with DLSS on
Make sure you don't miss a thing - be the first to be notified by following us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook and subscribing on YouTube.
Journey Beyond in the greatest Metro adventure yet. The critically acclaimed Metro Exodus is out now! Buy now to get yours.